Wednesday, September 12, 2018

New Craft Project by Paty Jager

Because my mysteries and one of my trilogies have Native American elements in them, I bought the supplies to make my own dream catchers.  The plan, once I get them made, is to give them out when I do contests and send gift baskets to conferences. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my website URL on them but I think I have that figured out. 


The rings aren't willow. I thought for learning purposes, I'd start with something more sturdy. After I get these done, I'll try making them with willow.

When I get one built I'll put up a photo.

I'm also sewing pillowcases for my grandchildren for Christmas. Trying to get fabric that depicts things they like. Some of them are harder than others. Do you make handmade presents as gifts? I think making gifts is the most fun. I enjoy putting my time and love into the gift and hope that the recipient knows that it is not only a reflection of their personality but of my love.

I also have a more book bags to sew. I gave away every single one I had at Sumpter because I sold so many books! Which is a good thing!

Do you like to do craft projects? If so, what do you do?



3 comments:

Andrea Stoeckel said...

Hey Paty. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods my friend!

I love that you still do/teach dream catchers. But please, PLEASE don't hang it off of your rear-view mirror or your key rings

The driver's seat isn't a place to be having dreams and in the event of a crash nothing good will safely pass through the other end of the dream catcher's aperture.

The dream catcher you sent me is now in the possession of a translator connected with the war in the Middle East. I won’t even wear the dream catcher earrings gifted to me in The Dakotas years ago. I may be a Native ally, but no longer a cultural appropriator.

Carmen Peone said...

I love to craft. Don't have as much time these days, but still bead simple projects, earrings and necklaces mostly, and a little sewing. Lately, I'm ironing on my new book logo for Girl Warrior on shirts and bags. Even that gives me a crafty feeling.

Paty Jager said...

Andrea, I do have a metal dream catcher type thing hanging from my rear-view mirror of my Volkswagen and I never had any problems falling a sleep or dreaming.I love dream catcher earrings and wear them quite a bit. Thanks for chiming in!

Hi Carmen!
I love the earrings you gave me the last book signing we were at together! I agree when you are making something to give to people it is being crafty...in a good way! LOL