Friday, October 28, 2005

Moving Right Along

What a week! After having no time or ambition to write last week, I'm on chapter 4 of the paranormal and having a great time working on it. Adding the interesting secondary character helped and getting to be in my character's moccasins has been the catalyst to get this thing popping up on the pages again.

I'm toying with sending the first paranormal to a contest. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment, but if I'm a finalist it will be seen by an editor at a house I'm interested in. Still waiting to hear from all the agents who have partials and fulls. I don't want to send it to any houses until I've exhausted all the agents since some of them don't like it if you've shopped it around.

I purchased Dwight Swain's book as well as Debra Dixon's. Now to see if I can concentrate and read them. If it isn't fiction or about history (research), I have a heck of a time staying focused when I read.

But I plan on writing the next great novel and will endure to do so!

1 comment:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Dixon's book is good. Loaned my copy to Piper. Although, *shudder*, Dixon uses the Wizard of Oz as an example through the whole book, and those damn flying monkeys freak me out. It was a struggle for me to read the whole thing (but worth it).