Friday, November 16, 2007
Friday Five- Yes!!!
My Friday Five this week is why I love hunting season!
Now, I don't actually hunt. Tried it as a twelve-year-old. After all I had to out-do my older brother and the surrogate brothers that my dad took hunting. I went to Hunter's Safety classes and scored higher on my test than my oldest brother. (Did I gloat? Not much. LOL) Then I went out and sighted in my gun. Those dang rifles hurt when they slam into your shoulder. The impact and deafening noise almost made me quit right then, but I was determined to be a better hunter than the boys.
Then opening day of hunting season arrived. My dad took myself and one of the surrogate brothers out. I was wandering along behind him, enjoying the scenery. He kept turning around and putting a fhinger to his lips. What? I hadn't said a word! He looked down at my feet. Guess I wasn't a very quiet deer stalker. Then he spotted the deer. It wasn't a large one and didn't have an impressive set of antlers, but when I set the butt of the rifle against my shoulder, leveled the barrel and looked down the sight- the sleek, svelte, animal looked at me with huge, brown, innocent eyes... and I couldn't shoot it. I lowered the gun, hung me head, and turned around. Of course that didn't keep the surrogate brother from shooting it!
Anyway, my dh headed off to elk camp this morning. And these are my Friday Five:
1) I have the house to myself (well except for Tink) for eight days.
2) I only have to feed me and that's when I feel like it- not on a schedule.
3) I can sleep in or I can stay up and write as long as I want.
4) If I want to play Christmas music loud and all day and night- I can.
5) I can scatter my writing notes, computer, research books all over the house and no one will mess things up.
What would you do if you had the house to yourself for a week and didn't have to follow a set schedule?