Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Promotion Wednesday

I decided to start making Wednesday the day I talk about promotion. I attended three workshops at the EPICon two weeks ago and I still have only implemented about a quarter of the things they said to do. There is only so much time in a day. The easy ones were the items relevant to my website. I just sent an e-mail to my webmistress. (my much smarter than me daughter).

I did start a facebook, though I'm at a loss of how it really works. I've been friending authors and readers at Romance Book Junction. Now I need to start being a guest on blogs and try to put together a virtual book tour for my June release.

These are just a few of the things I learned at the workshops. Next week I'll talk about making a book trailer. Something that I plan to do also for my next release.

As a reader how much promotion really draws you to an author or their book? As an author how much promotion do you feel is necessary to promote your books?

No comments: