Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Getting a Website

I'm getting a website!

The same man who did my daughter's website is going to work on mine. He is reasonable and very helpful. It won't be up and going until December, but that gives me time to find out:

When you go to an author's website, what information are you looking for?
1) Info about her/him?
2) Her/his current WIP?
3) What was recently published?
4) Who her/his agent is?
5) What is it you go to that website to learn?

I'm thinking of having a spot where I tell how I came up with a story and the research that went into it.

The site won't be up until December because my daughter will be here in November. She is going to take some pictures of me and my horse to use on the website.

Please respond if you have any thoughts on the above questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome Paty! I can't wait to see it.

Go look at some of your favorite author's websites and see what you like about their stuff, then use the ideas, but modified to your way of doing things. (I'm not saying copy them, just get ideas.)

When I go to an author's website I always look to see if they have little mini-workshop type advice from which I can glean writing craft help.

Like how to write a synopsis or how to "show" not "tell". It always helps to read their examples of what's right and what sucks.

That's so exciting about your website. Now you and Eli are way Big Time!

Go for it!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Cool, cool, cool!

Mine's still a work-in-progress. I want to add writing craft links, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Yes to all the above points you listed.

A good author site to check out is www.allisonbrennan.com I love her new website and all the great info.