Wednesday, October 12, 2005

GMC

GOAL: To become published

MOTIVATION: To write books people enjoy reading.

CONFLICT: Agents and Editors.

What makes a story strong enough to become published? GMC, Characters, Plot, Dialogue? How do you know which you are weak in if you think you have finally got it? Then find out you don't.

One contest judge (published) said I should look at my GMC in the latest book. But I thought I pretty much slapped the reader in the face with the GMC starting from the first page and continued slapping them throughout the book.

I need to get over this and disect the book. Why isn't it strong enough for the market? (Agent's words) What are my weaknesses? I don't know - How does one figure that out?

1 comment:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Nice personal GMC. :)

Keep in mind, the agent comment is only one person's opinion. She is one agent in a vast see of agents. Keep submitting.

And don't let one contest judge's comments get you down. Contests can sometimes do more harm than good - again, just people's opinions.

Keep submitting. Keep plugging away. You'll find the right agent soon.