Friday, June 02, 2006

Can you say pouring?

Yep! The rain is coming down in buckets and this is the morning I chose to start a walking regime! I may have to wait and see if the rain stops.

I tried to put a nice little meter on my site so all those who view my blog could raz me if I don't walk 8-10 miles a week. I have to get this writing fat off! Since I've been working more on writing and less on moving around I feel like a hot air balloon slowly inflating! So this is what I want. If I don't mention how much I've walked in my blog or if it is less than 3-4 miles each day... give me what for and make me feel bad about not doing it. My own threats don't seem to be working!

As for the writing. My cover was finished yesterday to the satisfaction of all. I love it! Now I'm preparing to order postcards of the cover to have at Nationals and a wonderful lady is working on magnets. I'm also hoping my talented, creative daughter can come up with something I can give people who buy my book at book signings.

Now the hard part, getting this thing sparkling! I told the techie who puts the books on the Wild Rose Press site that I should have it to my editor for the final read by mid-June. That means I need to get off this blog and get to writing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not going to holler at you if you don't get your walking in, but I'll encourage you!

Good luck with it. I know how you feel. I've been trying to lose weight too and so far I've lost 11.5 lbs. That's pretty cool! But I've still got 37.5 lbs to go to my goal weight. Just plug away at it and it will happen.

Congrats on the new cover! Can't wait to see it. How fun to be ordering promo materials! WOO HOO!

Now put on a rain coat, get your butt out the door and walk! Opps, sorry, I said I wouldn't holler at you. LOL

Paty Jager said...

2 miles today!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the walking! Wow! 2 miles is a lot! Keep it up girlfriend!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Go, Paty, Go!

Exercise is great for the muse...and the soul and the stress. It makes a huge difference to me.