Friday, August 18, 2006

Distance-

You know how they say when you finish a story or book, set it aside before you look it over again. Well- my editor at WRP finally got to mine. And she suggested I go back through and look at the ly and ing words! I thought I had those darn things fixed, but lo-and-behold - there were the little buggers! I swear they multiplied after I sent it to her! They had to. I scoured MIP for all the things I could think of. But that was right after doing revisions. I sent if off and forgot about it. Well that's coming back to bite me! I have until next Friday to get the little annoying ly's and ings out of there so I can have it up on the site for the grand opening and books in my hands for the Chapter workshop!

You guessed it! You won't be seeing me on here very much the next few days! I'll be hunting down ly and ing words and zapping them! Of course it doesn't help she (the editor) is a fanatic about those two little things, which I knew, but some how let slip in my final read through.

2 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Good luck, Paty. Hopefully it won't be too painful.

Anonymous said...

You'll be really gladly thatly you removeding thosely irritatingly ly and ing thinginglys.

Now get busy.

Oh, and good luck!

(Big-ly Grinning)