Monday, July 16, 2007

Best Laid Plans


Four months ago by husband had to go in for his CDL physical. He was told he was borderline high cholesterol and asked if he wanted a restricted diet or pills. He opted for the restricted diet. So I schooled him on what he could and couldn't eat when he goes to a restaurant and have been cooking as best I can cholesterol free. Well he's lost 25 lbs, but I can't buy a pair of pants in the size I've worn for the last five years! My big butt doesn't fit!

So I decided to start walking/jogging three times a week and bought new shoes for the occasion. I decided to so this MWF at the same time my husband leaves for work. Well, it all sounded good until he worked me so hard yesterday, my back aches and I could hardly pull myself out of bed this morning, let alone jog for an hour! So then I think, okay, I'll jog this week T-TH- Sat. Well, tomorrow I'll only have a little over 1/2 a day at home to get things done before I go to my chapter meeting and TH morning I have to pick up my daughter and her family at the airport bright and early and Saturday we'll be leaving to a birthday party at my oldest daughter's.

I'm thinking this was a bad week to start jogging! It's been so flippin' hot that the only time I can do it is early morning. Guess I'll see what Wednesday brings! Oh, wait, I'll be too tired from having arrived home from my meeting at midnight! Sheesh! Maybe this jogging thing will wait until next week.

How about you? Any plans you haven't been able to see to through? Come on, spill, I can't be the only slacker around here. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not a slacker and you shouldn't beat yourself up about being too exhausted and sore to go out and jog today.

You work really hard with that ranch of yours and you can't count the fact that your dh has lost 25 lbs and your still the same. He restricted his diet, of course he's going to lose weight, he also works outside all day and men lose weight ten times easier than women do. It's just the nature of the beast and not your fault.

I think it's great that your going to start walking/jogging, except I don't believe in jogging so much as walking because of the bouncy part of jogging. LOL

So go when you can and when you feel good about it. If you resent it or it hurts you to go, it's not going to do you any good anyway. And if you haven't been walking or exercising in a while, start slowly and work your way into a routine, otherwise you'll burn out too soon.

I'll email you an interesting article about weight loss too.

Good luck and don't be hard on yourself. You're a beautiful woman and you work hard all the time. You should be proud of what you accomplish every day. I know I'm impressed! :)

Have a great Monday and I'll see you tomorrow at dinner. BTW... Thai food is not fattening! Woo Hoo!!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Piper! You made me feel better! Especially when the dh came home and asked if I went on my run! I could have smacked him, but I forced a smile on my face and said, "No, dear, your 100 pound bales yesterday were exercise enough for a couple of days and then bent over like an old woman and walked to the kitchen to make his dinner. LOL