Friday, August 03, 2007

MIA


I know I've been missing a lot this week. Between family commitments and writing commitments I haven't been on the computer much.

Last night I attended the Writer's Faire in Portland. It was an interesting experience. I shared a table with a political satirist, who was nice and full of information and questions, but it was a strange combination I thought. The room was set up strange in that they had round tables with 2-3 authors per table. I would say 45% of the authors were non-fiction and I was the only romance author there. I sold one book. But I talked with several people, pushing my books, and discussing writing in general. There was a horse woman like myself who is writing her horse's memoirs who was very enthusiastic and I met a young man and his mother. They are looking at how to get his YA book he wrote published. It was an interesting premise and if the writing is well done, I can see him selling.

I'm still mulling it all over in my head and trying to decide if it was worth my 3 hour drive one way and time and gas. Will I go again next year? At this point I'd say "no".

Have you ever attended something and afterward wondered if it had been the right choice?

1 comment:

chanceofbooks said...

Oh so sorry that the the Writer's Faire was a bit of a disappointment!I had planned to drive up to it, but pregnancy has been kicking my butt this week. Ug. I think the exposure was probably good for you, even if it didn't directly translate into sales.