Monday, June 02, 2008

Glorious Monday


Yes, for a brief time this morning the internet is working so you will get a blog from me today! Yeah!

I had a prolific weekend! I wrote over 3000 words on the WIP and wrote a 2500 word short story to submit to my publisher The Wild Rose Press for their Free Reads project. And today I am off to interview Bobby Mote a National Finals Champion bareback rider to get myself into the head of my hero for my next contemporary.

A head's up, you will be hearing a lot about my publisher this month because it is Cactus Rose and Yellow Rose lines month to promote. Since I have books published in both lines, I'll be passing along most of the events they have planned. the first being- A new series will be launched this month in the Cactus line. It's called "Earth Songs". Basically they are looking for stories 40,000 words or less with Native American hero, heroine or both that are set between 1870 and 1890 in the U.S. I've had a few ideas bouncing around in my head, but they will have to wait until I finish the first book of the western series, the next contemporary western and the next Halsey brother book. Whew! That made my tired just writing that! LOL

Besides my own onslaught of promotion this month to kick off the release of Outlaw in Petticoats, I will have a guest blogger on this blog on June 27th. I'll give more details as we get closer.

If one of my writing friends would like to guest blog here, just shoot me an e-mail. I'd love to have you!

My weekend was a flurry of yard work, cattle work, and not feeling 100%. But I'm better today and ready to get cracking on my writing.

How was your weekend and how is your June shaping up?

No comments: