Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunny Monday


We visited the other property over the weekend and the good news is this summer while I'm out there irrigating I'll have internet. The wireless modem we bought with my new PURPLE cell phone worked about a 1/2 mile from the cabin and if I get a booster antenna I should be able to get internet at the cabin, but if I can't get it at the cabin I can drive "Sami" out either down the lane or out into the field and download things. It beats the heck out of driving forty miles to town to get my e-mail and send things.

I see I've been lax in getting a photo of Sami. She (my husband calls it Sam and he)is a Suzuki Samarai we purchased to use at the other property for climbing the hills and changing the pipes. We bought her for a good price. She had a wreck and a young man was fixing her up for off road use and then needed money. So she is currently black and green (I want to paint her pink)the front part of the cab is in tact with a canvas roof. The back is like a flatbed truck with a roll bar. She fits inside a stock a trail. That's how small she is, but she's perfect for hauling us and the dogs around the property. The dh added a box on the back to keep tools and irrigating parts. She and I will spend a lot of time together this summer.

The WIP is coming along. I sent in a free read to Wild Rose Press last week. Hopefully, they approve and it will be available in June, Cactus Rose month. I'm getting excited for Miner in Petticoats to start getting reviews. I know it's still early since it is released June 12th, but I get antsy to see how people are going to react to it.

Anything fun or exciting happen to you over the weekend? Do you have pet names for your vehicles?

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Of course I name my vehicles...Who doesn't? Sami sounds adorable and I'm sure you and she will have a great summer together. Happy to hear your internet will work there...being without it had to be extremely hard for you! LOL

I had a great weekend. We had a sleep over with our granddaughter. :)

Nicole McCaffrey said...

LOL we've always named our vehicles, which makes it kind of hard when it's time to get rid of them. Our last van was "Vanna" and my little red car I've had since my single days is "Redbird".

Haven't gotten a name for the new van just yet--it's kind of a gold color so sometimes we call it Goldie. Mostly I just call it "mine" LOL.

Weekend was a bust as you know, since we had yet another bug go through the house. That makes the entire month of March someone has been sick in this house. I give up! I don't remember what it feels like to be healthy or well rested anymore, LOL.