Saturday, November 17, 2018

Cookie Krypton by Paty Jager


Until this week, I've always been able to walk away from a cookie after eating one.

While perusing the grocery store aisles, I came upon a display for all the items you need for your holiday baking. I spotted something I'd never seen before...a bag of tiny balls of caramel. Oh my! My brain nearly exploded with all the possibilities.

I bought a bag.

Fast forward to one day after purchasing bag of tiny goodness. I dug through recipes and books until I found a soft chocolate cookie. I did some switching of ingredients and added the caramel balls.

Oh my taste buds! I could not stop eating the cookies.

I bagged them up 6 to a bag and hid them throughout my freezer to make them not be in sight when I grabbed something out. These are addictive little sweets, and I'm going to share the recipe with you. You can judge for yourself if you think they are the best thing since (insert favorite sweet).

Chewy Chocolate Caramel Cookies
2/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used 2/3 extra dark and 1/3 regular)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups or one package of caramel balls for baking.

Heat oven to 375 F. Combine butter, brown sugar, water, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat eggs into creamed mixture. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. mix into creamed mixture at a low speed until blended. Stir in caramel balls. Drop rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. (I did 8 minutes)  DO NOT OVER BAKE. Cool on cooking sheet before moving to cooling racks. The caramel will stick. Use a thin pancake turner to get them off the cookie sheet. Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments: