Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Downhill to the Holidays

On this downhill slide to the end of the year, I feel as if I'm on that boulder that chases Indiana Jones down that tunnel. 

So many things are happening all at once as I try and get the first three books of the new series ready to release in a row. 

And then there is family and the holidays coming. 

Also keeping the momentum going on the advertising and promotion of my main series. All of this is a must to keep my writing flowing and building, but it also cuts into the family and holiday time. 

I have managed to get my grandkids' "Grandma" gifts made. I like to make them something for Christmas. I feel that shows my love and gives them something unique. This year it is pillowcases with fabric that has something on it that each grandchild likes. 

I need some gifts for my brothers and hubby's sister and their spouses. And then there's my dad and mother-in-law. The kids and spouses gifts are done. We're having Christmas at our house for the first time since we built it, so this is a big thing for me. I LOVE decorating for holidays and this will be the first Christmas in 5 that I can pull out all of my decorations and go crazy! I will have pictures when that happens! 

What are you doing for the holidays this year? Are you going crazy decorating and having people over or are you staying low key with decorations and maybe staying home or going to someone's house? 


2 comments:

Maggie Lynch said...

I love how you find time to make things for your grandchildren and these pillowcases look amazing!

As our grandchildren are 3,000 miles away, we don't have a chance to get together with them at Christmas. However, we do try to get in some FaceTime or Google Hangout time between Christmas and New Years.

I've toyed with the idea of writing a short story for each of the boys who are at an age to enjoy stories now (3 and 5 years old). We will see if I get to it in time to ship. :)

Our Christmas holiday is either spent at home with just the two of us or down with my mother who lives about an hour and a half away. We no longer decorate as it is just the two of us and our place is so small. However, we do have a tradition of taking a car ride Christmas Eve to see neighborhoods where others have decorated while playing holiday music on the CD player.

Just being thankful for another year of being together, loving each other, and knowing we are going to do it all again in 2019.

Paty Jager said...

Maggie, your idea of a story for the grandsons sounds fun! If I didn't have so many, I'd probably do something like that.

Your drive on Christmas Eve sounds relaxing and festive. We'd have to drive a long way to see more than a dozen decorated houses. LOL I'm looking forward to this Christmas because it is the first one in this house.

That's a great attitude to end the year and begin a new one. See you in 2019!