Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Five- Things I'm looking forward to


It's good to have goals- things that you want to accomplish and I have a ton of them! But today I'll list the things that I'm looking forward to that have nothing to do with goals, but just pure pleasure. I'm beginning to feel like I need to stop and smell the roses and these are the ways I do it.

1) The RWA Chapter Officer's retreat the end of the month. Yes, we'll be discussing the upcoming year and how to keep your chapter active and alive, but it is also spending time with people I enjoy and not having the pressure of being at home and feeling like I have to get ten things done in one day.

2)The Chapter conference- not so much the conference, but my daughter and her family will be here and all of us (my dh included) are going to the coast after the conference.

3) I'm actually excited about the Librarian's conference I was asked to speak at. It should be fun, low-keyed and I'll put myself in front of local librarians which hopefully will help my readership.

4) My dh and I are going to Alaska for a week to visit our son and his two kids. We haven't seen them in over a year. I'm looking forward to connecting with the kids again and spending time with our son.

5) I'm looking forward to Fall- the cooler weather, slower pace here on the place- no more haying, irrigating. We can get busy on house things that need done. And have time to do some things that are fun.

What are you looking forward to? Anything fun or relaxing?

No comments: